Nuffnang

this is about family and its ups and downs, living, and everything about life from a working mom's perspective.

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Book Review: UnEnchanted by Chanda Hahn

Here is my honest review of the book:

This is the first book in the Series of An Unfortunate Tale.

Photo credit: Goodreads

I got this book for free, so I am not really complaining. I lost sleep (well, it's actually my afternoon nap) trying to finish this right away.  So it's not really a bad book.

The plot is interesting enough, and brings back the readers to the world of fairy tales. BUT, there were serious editing issues that, at first, I thought were merely typo errors - but these errors were repeated many times, so  they're not just typo errors, but serious grammatical issues.

I wish Mina would be less insecure. Granted, she's a strong gal for facing the challenges head-on.

What I love most about this book is the plot, which I've already mentioned. I also appreciate that it is age-appropriate - very appropriate for the YA (young adult) crowd.  I also appreciate that it's not too long - no lengthy narratives, brooding, etc.   It's quite engaging, that's why I said it's promising.

I noticed that there were parts which I felt needed some more transitional scenes for the reader to better understand what's going on. I hope the rest of the series would be improved - editing-wise- because the plot is really promising.

Oh, let me add... Mina is supposed to complete, like, 200 fairy tales... There were only a few (there were only three, I think, or I maybe I didn't count them) mentioned in the book. Maybe the stories will be in the rest of the series (keeping fingers crossed).

No comments: