Nuffnang

this is about family and its ups and downs, living, and everything about life from a working mom's perspective.

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Baking Baking! Flower Gumpaste Making

I attended a seminar with Chef Sherwin Masongsong of Papa Bear Cakes in Tagaytay City last February.  It was a beginner's class for flower gumpaste making.  I shared with you that I want to "level-up" on my baking skills, so this is it, pansit!




I had some classmates who were aren't beginners in baking, but it's their first time to try flower gumpaste. So technically, we were all beginners. Pero, ako lang talaga ang kulelat. 

We started at 10 am and finished at 8 pm. Who would have thought this would be really tedious work! And, we were supposed to have additional lessons on sugar veil, and fondant application pero wala nang powers, gabi na! So, Chef Sherwin just did a demo of it.

So here's what we did:


Nuts, I think I deleted my other photos! We started from scratch, mind you - with those little buds. And there was a lot of hanging, and drying, and kneading. Basta, masakit ang katawan ko pag-uwi!

That's the ever approachable
and super galing na Chef Sherwin

Seryoso
Career na ito! Those are cake dummies on my left
Notice that in the above pictures, there was still light in the background. See the picture below, madilim na!!!

My classmates posing with Chef,
while he's busy conditioning my fondant hahahaha
Not only was I lucky to have a very good teacher, my classmates were really nice and accommodating. May nagdala pa ng tuyo pasta! Salamat Abhi. And Arlene made me borrow her veilers, and cutters, tapos I met Rean and Ate Lisa. Basta, I met new friends too.

Chef Sherwin will have upcoming classes for flower gumpaste on March 8 and 29 in Manila and Tagaytay, respectively. Fee in Manila is P3,500, inclusive of ingredients, exclusive of tools, but inclusive of fiesta lunch. Fee in Tagaytay is P2,500 (overlooking pa ang view!).

For inquiries, you may contact him at 0926-621-1228. He also has an FB Page. Just search for Sherwin Aranas Masongsong.

Enroll na! Promise, feeling ko ang galing ko pagkatapos ko. And ang gumpaste niya, edible na, ang ganda pang gamitin.  He didn't scrimp on giving us helpful tips at lalong hindi niya kami ginutom!

Walong oras bago natapos yan!!!! Kaya pala mahal pag binili.
Thanks Chef Sherwin! Here's to more classes with you!

No comments: