Nuffnang

this is about family and its ups and downs, living, and everything about life from a working mom's perspective.

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Win a Gift for Someone you Love Contest (from Sample Room)

Without batting an eyelash, I will give this to my Mama.

That's my Mama and her signature "tawa".

My Mama grew up in the province with very little in life - she didn't even know who her real mother was, until she was a teenager. She has no dad.  Life for her was working for other people (some were relatives) in their homes, washing clothes, cleaning houses, and scrubbing away pots and pans until kingdom come. She is naturally beautiful and sexy, but having very little in life meant that she had to forego all those beauty regimen to maintain her beauty.
 
While I was growing up, she would always tell me to take care of my skin, which I stubbornly neglected until recently. I remember, when I was still a kid, I shameless asked my Mama this question, "Ma, bakit puro butas-butas and mukha niyo?" Imagine, such a tactless question from a child! I am so ashamed to recall this, yet I have to share this. (Well, I actually thought they were scars. It turned out, it was called open pores!)  She answered patiently and with understanding (for my blunt question) that she was not able to care well for her skin when she was growing up. Heck, getting enough food and nutrition was even hard to come by, what more for the skin! So, her skin turned that way, she said.
 
It is only when my siblings and I have grown up that she had paid attention to her own skin. She only recently discovered that moisturizers and toners are different and that foot spas are great. Because of Sample Room, she gets a taste of products that we normally do not attempt to buy, either because we are unfamiliar with the bran, or it's too expensive to try.  She would give comments such as, "This is one is nice, pero mabantot." Or, "Wow, my skin looks good after this? Ay, kaya pala, ang mahal!" Here's another one, "Ano ba yan, senior na ako, pwede pa ba akong mag mask?"
 
Now at 69, my Mama looks like she's still in her early 50s. She may not have had the luxury of scrubs, toners, moisturizers, diamond peeel, lotions, etc., during her youth, but she grew old with love from her husband and kids. And that is enough to keep her beautiful inside and out, forever..
 
What would she do with those Sample Room products if she wins it? I know, she'll examine them, try them, and give them all away later to those she feels would need them most (But I would stop her from giving all away; I'll make sure she has more than enough for her personal use).

That's my Mama, beautiful and generous.

No comments: