Nuffnang

this is about family and its ups and downs, living, and everything about life from a working mom's perspective.

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Lunch at Secret Recipe


My bestfriend and I had lunch one time at Secret Recipe (Fourth Floor, Robinsons Manila- or was it Fifth Floor? I am not sure, I sort of got lost!) since she was craving for a very spicy soup. She claims that Secret Recipe has one of the spiciest soups she had ever tasted.


Since the serving is too big for one person, she shared the bowl with me, while I opted to avail of their promo: For P99.00, one can order any hot beverage of my choice and a slice of their featured cakes.
 
Bestest ordered the Noodle in Tom Yum Kung: flat noodles in very spicy sauce with king prawns "daw".  It was spicy, not super spicy, but it also was sour. There were a two cauliflower florettes and two pieces of shrimps - not prawns. It was okay while it was hot, but once the temperature went down, I could no longer finish my soup. It wasn't yummy anymore.  It's a bit pricey for P280 though.


Noodle in Tom Yum Kung






My order - Chocolate Idulgence Cake
 and White Caramel Mocha
The one with the check marks
are the ones included in their P99 promo

My yet-to-be-used bowl. The spoon is not so sparkling clean.
I find it hard to use this spoon for my soup.
I prefer the good ole 'kutsara'
My coffee was really creamy and really good! The temperature was perfect! Like like like!!! As for the cake, well, it's not so yummy. Imagine those cakes that sort of get stuck down the throat? That's what it was. It wasn't moist. But the design was really cute!

Will I go back here? I don't think so (unless the Bestest will 'make libre' moi!).

No comments: