Nuffnang

this is about family and its ups and downs, living, and everything about life from a working mom's perspective.

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Be Tulala: the Mind Needs Sufficient Rest Too



Have you ever caught yourself with a "nakatulala look"?

Me, countless times already. It's my relaxation technique. All of us are so pressed for time, pressured with deadlines, stuck with commitments, that our minds go on overdrive. When that happens, our body feels the stress, and that's when we start feeling sick, and really getting sick.

When I look at my kids eyes, all I see is innocence and contentment. No pressures, no problems, no stress. Childhood is a bliss.  And you know, letting go of everything that's bugging my mind really helps, and I do that with my "tulala" look (sometimes with mouth hanging wide).  Oh, sleep is a better alternative. But when you are in the office, and you're swamped with work, a few minutes of being "tulala" can help. A few minutes or so of that, and my mind feels refreshed.  Don't ask me the scientific reason behind it, because I don't know. I'm just saying it works for me.

Try it and let me know.

No comments: