Nuffnang

this is about family and its ups and downs, living, and everything about life from a working mom's perspective.

Monday, January 2, 2012

Undomesticated Goddess

I'm never really a domesticated mom.

Yesterday, our helper did not appear for work. She stays out and comes in at around 7 or 8 or later (although our  agreement was that she would come in at 6 am) and leaves at 6.  She has been with us for only three months and I have already forgotten how many times she did not appear for work and not once did she tell us beforehand that she isn't planning to report the next day.

So, I was feeling like a good ol' housewife yesterday and started to wash the dishes.  I then washed my baby's feeding bottles, put them on the big pot for sterilizing, put it on the stove, and washed some more dishes.

A few minutes later, I heard some hissing and smelled something burning.  Arrgggghh, the bottles!!! I forgot to put water first before I turned on the stove.  And too late, everything was melted.  I couldn't even take them out of the pot anymore. Haaaaayyyy.

This work's all on me. Very original. 

Bye bottles, bye pot, bye bottle keeper

Funny thing is, I told my baby that I'm sorry I burned his bottles. He asked why. I said, because I forgot to put water on the pot before I turned on the stove. He said, "Hay naku!" and went outside to check his bottles. Hahaahaha!

So we went later to the mall to buy new bottles. When I gave it to him, he screamed with delight, "WOOOOWWWW!!!" My baby is still a baby.


Absent-minded? Or really an undomesticated goddess?

2 comments:

Ge said...

Hahaha! Continue making beads and decisions, you're better off with those. Wawa naman ang bottles!

jaja said...

hahaha. oo nga, yun na ng alang ang gagawin ko! haaay! hahahaha