Nuffnang

this is about family and its ups and downs, living, and everything about life from a working mom's perspective.

Friday, June 20, 2014

It's Official: I'm a Loom Band Addict

Two months ago, I went to Divisoria to buy some items for re-selling.  I chanced upon some loom bands at P196 for a dozen packs of looms with a hook.  The rubber bands in each pack were approximately 200.  Cheap huh!  So I bought a dozen and checked online on how to make a fishtail pattern.

I saw a loom/ladder with bands already but I didn't buy it because it was P80. There was another type, and it cost P60. Well, I didn't but it because I thought they were broken because the boxes were so dirty and old.

Fast forward to last week. I went looking for a loom/ladder at Divi and I was schocked to see the 80-peso-kit being sold at P700 at the bangketa!!! This is Divi for heaven's sake!!!

Pissed, I went to trusty old YouTube and looked for videos that taught one how to make loom bands using one's fingers. 

So, here are some of my finished products. I've made about 10 each kind that I posted. These are the only ones I made this morning:

1. Fishtail:

The first pattern I learned.



2. Inverted Fishtail:



3. Dragon Scale Pattern:


It's upside down, but the original picture is the right way up.Grrr...
 
 4. Hexa thingy. Hahahah!  Forgot what it's called and I'm too lazy to Google it.



Take Note. All these were made using a hook and my own hands - "Look Ma, no Loom!"




 Can't wait to try the starburst design using two forks. I'm addicted!



No comments: