Nuffnang

this is about family and its ups and downs, living, and everything about life from a working mom's perspective.

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Review: Tiger Balm's Mosquito Repellent Patches



I was able to get a free trial pack of Tiger Balm's Anti-Mosquito Patches for kids. (P195 pesos at Robinson's Supermarket)

It's actually very easy to use, just peel off the protective layer and stick onto  your kid's skin or clothes.  The patches are chemical DEET-free* so it's really safe for kids.

Upon opening the pack, one is assaulted by the strong Citronella smell. Even my kid wrinkled his nose when I opened it. 

Here are my thoughts on the product:


Smiley faces:

1. It's easy to peel and stick on.
2. It's also easy to peel off and no sticky mess is left on the skin.


3. It can be stuck on the clothes.
4. It's very handy.  The diameter of each patch is about 2 inches.
5. It's DEET-free.


*Some studies show that long term exposure to DEET causes seizures and other toxic side effects, and affects the central nervous system. 


Sad faces:

1. It's a bit pricey if it's 195 for a box of 10 patches.
2. I appreciate the citronella smell, but it's a bit overpowering.
3. It didn't effectively ward off mosquitoes. My son woke up in the middle of the night scratching his leg, and said, "Mom, the mosquitoes are still attacking me."  Those nights we've been using these patches were the nights that the mosquitoes were on hyper mode.  


I'd give this 2 smileys out of 5.
☺☺









No comments: