Nuffnang

this is about family and its ups and downs, living, and everything about life from a working mom's perspective.

Friday, October 11, 2013

The Right Way to Fly is with AirAsia

Around this time last year, I was looking for promo tickets to Boracay since I got a free accommodation there for three days. My kid hasn't been there yet and hubby and I were so sure that he would enjoy the sea and the sand.  

So for our trip next year, hubby and I came up with a wishlist of  our top three (3) domestic destinations from Manila:

     1.Puerto Princesa
     2. Davao
     3. Kalibo (Boracay)
          
Why?

1. Puerto Princesa

Hubby and I both hadn't been there, and so is the little boy.  I had a few friends from Palawan who regaled me with stories about its beauty, pristine beaches and amazing people.  I have tried many times to go to Palawan during my unmarried days, but the budget did not always seem to fit in my pockets!  It's also where the Underground River is, designated as a World Heritage Site right here in the Philippines, so who wouldn't want to visit that?  I can't wait to tell my kid how amazing it is, being home to a diversity of ecosystems, unspoiled caves, and the perfect home for: BATS. I can't wait to see the look in his eyes when I explain that to him.

Puerto Princesa Underground River
Photo credit:  http://www.puerto-undergroundriver.com/    
2. Davao

Hmmm... Why? Because hubby and I are not sure what can be found in Davao... I know there's Samal Island.  Other than that, I don't have any close friends (even family/relatives) who've gone on vacation in Davao so I have no idea what beauty awaits us there.  Hubby and I love being surprised and sometimes, it is nice to travel to some place without any expectation so the surprise would be really amazing!

Photo Credit: www.davaotourism.com

3. Kalibo (Boracay)

Okay, so we've been there last January already and why am I thinking of going there again? Because, there's nothing like Boracay! I know it's overcrowded and all, but lying on the sands of Boracay reminds me of how lucky we are as Filipinos to have such a beautiful place like this within our midst. 

Boracay Father and Dad moment

My friends always ask me why I seemed not to have any plans to visit places abroad.  I always tell them that there are still a lot of places in the Philippines that I haven't visited, so that's my priority for now. Travelling abroad would just have to wait for awhile, until I've had my fill of the beauty of the Philippines (unless it's an office-related travel abroad which would probably happen in three hundred twenty seven years).

It's a good thing that AirAsia and Zest Air have now partnered to bring every Pinoy more choices, more affordable flights and better service with the now rebranded AirAsia Zest. The Civil Aeronautics Board (“CAB”) approved “AirAsia Zest” as the new brand name of Zest Airways, Inc. Now my "dream vacations" can now be achievable because of cheaper air fares and better service.  I won't suffer from high blood pressure anymore because of the hassles of travel that are usually caused by delayed flights, expensive fares and inefficient staff.  

I think you should try AirAsia Zest too.

If you think that AirAsia Zest flies from Clark, you are now mistaken. Honey, the lucky stars are on us now. AirAsia flies from Manila! It's no longer AirAsia in Clark, but it's now, AirAsia Zest, NAIA Terminal 4. 


AirAsia Zest Chairman Mikee Romero said, “We are excited to introduce AirAsia Zest, and what it represents. With our alliance, we are well positioned to offer our guests the strength of our combined network of domestic and international routes and unrivalled daily low fares, proving a world class travel experience that every Filipino deserves."

Just an anecdote on the side: during our Boracay trip last January, the flight was delayed for 9 hours or so. The airline (I won't say which one) couldn't give us any reason for the delay. Instead of leaving at around 3 pm, we left at 11 in the evening. Imagine travelling at midnight in Kalibo, with your backpacks, and with a tired four-year old in tow and with no boat available to bring you to Caticlan.  And you know what, I sent at least two complaints on the airline's website as soon as we got back a week after, and up to now, I have yet to receive any reply. 

But with the partnership of AirAsia Zest, this airline is committed to ensure quality service to its customers.

"We hope this brand new look is the first of many steps towards making AirAsia Zest an airline that continues to revolutionize air travel in the Philippines. We are geared up and committed to ensuring that AirAsia Zest lives up to the same incredibly high standards of AirAsia,” Romero said.

AirAsia Zest likewise boasts of its new logo: 

You can see that the "Zest" name 
has been incorporated in the red hot logo of AirAsia.

You might also think that AirAsia Zest is only for flying in the Philippines. Nopes! While it offers flights to Cebu, Davao, Kalibo (Boracay), Puerto Princesa, Tagbilaran, Cagayan De Oro, AirAsia Zest also offers trips to Kuala Lumpur, Kota Kinabalu  Shanghai, Incheon, so Asia is now within your reach. 

While my goal for now is to travel in the Philippines, my goal in the next few years would be to travel in Asia with AirAsia. Surely, it's the Right Way to Fly!

Now, who says it's too expensive and too much of a hassle to fly?

AirAsia Zest - Nuffnang - Contest Badge

No comments: