Nuffnang

this is about family and its ups and downs, living, and everything about life from a working mom's perspective.

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Starlight, starbright

Starlight, starbright, first star I see tonight.  I wish I may, I wish I might, have the wish I wish tonight...

Last Tuesday night, while riding a motorcycle on my way home, I was gazing at the night sky and to my surprise, a falling star appeared out of nowhere, and in a heartbeat, was out of my sight.

I rarely see a falling star in a year so I wished a wish right away, wishing of the first thing that came to my mind- money. 

Hahahaha. How mundane, how materialistic, how human. And I changed my wish, even if the falling star was long gone.

And then I thought of aliens in the outer space, and the planet Jupiter, and that special moment that I see that star with the love of my life. And my thoughts of the little boy, sleeping in our bed, waiting for our arms to hold him tight when we finally arrive home.

It was a five-minute ride; short yet special.

Ah, life! Just like a falling star, its arms captivate us into a long embrace.


photo courtesy of http://sleeplessrou.wordpress.com/2008/06/28/like-a-falling-star%E2%80%A6/ 




No comments: