Nuffnang

this is about family and its ups and downs, living, and everything about life from a working mom's perspective.

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Sapak ni Pakman (Pacman)

http://sports.yahoo.com/photos/manny-pacquiao-v-juan-manuel-marquez-1320812924-slideshow/manny-pacquiao-philippines-hits-mexicos-juan-manuel-marquez-photo-054833190.html


Nov. 12 (Nov. 13 in Manila): The much-awaited fight between Manny Pacquiao and Juan Miguel Marquez was to be held that day.  As early as 9 am, my parents were already in front of the tv, watching but not really watching the undercards trying to win their matches.  What people wanted to watch the Pacquiao-Marquez fight.

Good thing, we have cable, so we didn't have to wait for the extra-delayed coverage of the fight by GMA-7.

Finally, the two boxing champs face off.  My mother and brother swear that if at that time, their blood pressures were taken, they surely would have failed as their BPs were probably off the charts.

After Round 6, I decided that I couldn't take the beating the Pacman was enduring from Marquez.

I resumed watching during the last two minutes of Round 12.

The whole fight, I was really praying that Pacman win.  The heavens heard me and I watched as the winner was declared during that fight.

Was there doubt in my mind as to who one? Definitely. I though Pacman got a beating and there was a slight doubt if he really won and Mafia was not involved.  But in my mind, I knew that Marquez was likewise beaten up.  

But after reading this post in www.philstar.com,* there's no longer any doubt in my mind that Pacman is still the undefeated pound-per-pound champion - the boxing hero of Filipinos all over the world.  


"Based on the final punchstats provided by Compubox, Pacquiao threw and landed more punches after 12 rounds of action at the MGM Grand Saturday.

Pacquiao, the stats sheet said, threw a total of 578 punches and connected 176 times for 30 percent accuracy. Marquez unleashed 436 punches and landed less, 138.

In the jabs department, Pacquiao landed 59 of 304 while Marquez landed only 38 of 182 jabs.  In the power punches, again it was Pacquiao who threw more and landed more.

Pacquiao threw 274 power punches  and found the mark 117 times, and Marquez threw 254 of them, and connected a hundred times."

I don't care about the  allegations about his character, or whatever faults he allegedly committed.  In my mind, he is the only Filipino boxer who has put the Philippines in the boxing pedestal.  He gave Filipino boxers a face. He gave them recognition in the world boxing arena.  He deserves to be called a CHAMPION. Period. 
















No comments: