Nuffnang

this is about family and its ups and downs, living, and everything about life from a working mom's perspective.

Sunday, September 2, 2012

CheesKeyk Recipe in Tatie's Kitchen

OreO CheeseKeyk by Tatie
My little boy is at that stage when he wants to try everything that he could get his hands on.  He loves helping me out in the kitchen.  Whenever I'm cooking, if he's not bugging me to stop and go up the room with me, he forces himself so I would have no choice but to make him help me.   At a young age, I want him to learn the value of food, nutrition, cooking your own food and initiative.

Since he is still only a toddler to me, errr, a giant toddler, I can only ask him to help me in slicing ingredients using a plastic knife. But when making desserts, he is usually my sous chef.

One of our favorite desserts is cheesecake.  We aren't really fond of eating cheesecake, but making it is fun. It is Kuya Berbee who is really into cheesecakes.  He told me that his favorite dessert is my cheesecake!

How we make our Banana CheeseKeyk:

1. Prepare the crust. Ground graham crackers and add butter.   Put in round baking pan.    Press for an even crust. Add slices of banana for flavor.

2. Mix the cream and cream cheese until light and fluffy.  Smile at the camera.


2.  Transfer the mixture into a round baking pan.  Take extra care that the mixture does not pass through little fingers holding the mixing bowl.




3. Sprinkle some more ground graham cracker to prettify the cheesekeyk and add some texture to it.


4.  Waste not, want not. Make sure that all the mixture is poured into the pan. Avoid wastage. Use tongue to scrape off excess mixture. 


4.  Use wire whisk attachment to scrape off more mixture from the bowl.  Remember, a lot of kids all over the world are hungry.


5.  Voila! Instant taste test!


6. Remember, if your kids "attack" your own creation without waiting for it to freeze, set, or cool down, that means it was a success.  Remember, why bother with presentation if your fans are already drooling, and ready to devour what you made? Isn't that what food is for?

2 comments:

Badet Siazon said...

Looks yummy! I can't wait for my toddler to grow a bit so that I can also have a sous chef =)

jaja said...

thanks po! don't you worry, babies grow up so fast and we realize one day that, "huh, this little giant actually came from my tummy?"
hehehehe