Nuffnang

this is about family and its ups and downs, living, and everything about life from a working mom's perspective.

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Eating Out and Menus

While waiting for my order at the Senate Lounge last Thursday, I checked out the menu offerings in a stand in the middle of the table.   After a very boring day (and a day full of waiting), the menu brought some much-needed smile to my face.

Okay, okay, so I'm not a grammar major.  But I just couldn't help but take photos of the menu card.

Covered by Whipped Cream? That must be a lot of whipped cream.
The next one is funnier! I love chocolate "mouse" cake, but I have yet to try the "meaty" variation.

Leche Plan!!! Maybe it's served on paper!


Fruits Shakes anyone?

Remember that song, "watermelon, watermelon, papaya..."


I am not bragging (well, probably I am), but I think I knew how to spell watermelon as early as six or seven years old.  Or maybe the person who prepared this thought that double letters sound more classy! Or, since yellow is spelled with a double "l", so why not spell melon with a double "l"! Classic!

And correct me for my ignorance, but is there really a Sweet Melon (Mellon) variety?

So, did the DepEd see this menu card while waiting for their turn in one of the legislative hearings held in the Senate which convinced them to come up with the K-12 plan (flan?)?

Maybe.

5 comments:

blahblahblogchef said...

you are fanny...thanks for this pose. hahaha. kukunin mo pa ba akong cos mo? haha

jaja said...

thanks. i rily want to ba fanny oll da time

kumiko mae said...

LOL funny!!! more fun in the Philippines indeed! :D -Loving Sunshine

jakie and the beadstalk said...

thanks @ kumiko Mae

jaja said...

btw chef, yesh, cos ka pa din kasi you had a fanny sens of humors and you loves my pose:)