Nuffnang

this is about family and its ups and downs, living, and everything about life from a working mom's perspective.

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

A Visit to Balanga, Bataan





I am so thankful that my work has allowed me to mix business with pleasure- so that means, I get to visit new places sometimes.  Last year, work brought me to Balanga, Bataan, a very beautiful city. We stayed at the Plaza Hotel which is located at the Plaza Mayor de Ciudad de Balanga. To the right of the Plaza Hotel is the City Hall, right across it is the St. Joseph Cathedral, and on the left of the hotel is a Mall which was designed like a colonial Spanish architecture to keep up with the "old-world" charm of the place. I heard there is an existing city ordinance for this.

Anyways, here are some pictures.
The Diocesan Shrine and Cathedral Parish of St. Joseph

Robinson's Mall

The Mall at night

The Balanga City Hall
The Plaza Hotel
The Cathedral from the rooftop of The Plaza Hotel
A panoramic view of the Plaza Mayor de Ciudad de Balanga
The City Hall 
from the rooftop of the Plaza Hotel
Our hotel bed
Our restroom
Our hotel room
I wish we could have stayed longer in Bataan. But since we came there for work, we couldn't really just lie down, go around the town, learn more about its place in Philippine History and enjoy its culture. 

I would surely go back to Balanga and the other nearby towns/cities of Bataan. Soon, I hope. 

No comments: